A healthy blend of meat, dairy, vegetables, and spices, this breakfast will help you feel alert and well.
Image Credit: Diabetic Connect
- 3 small red, orange, and/or yellow peppers
- 3 oz. breakfast turkey sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBSP fat free milk
- 3 TBSP minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, saving them. Remove the seeds from the peppers and set aside.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant and tender.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Add the sausage, onion mixture, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Divide evenly, filling up the peppers. Replace the pepper tops and place in a baking dish. Fill with 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Servings - 3 (For 1 pepper)
Total Fat 24g
Dietary Fiber 2g
This recipe is from Diabetic Connect by Nikki Sheriff
Find more great diabetic breakfast recipes