1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1 cup of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup of SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
3. In large bowl (or standing mixer) mix butter and splenda until smooth and no lumps remain.
4. Add egg and vanilla and beat until until fully mixed.
5. Add flour mixture and mix until combined
6. Gradually add oat and nut mixture and mix till "just" incorporated
7. Scoop out dough batter in 1/4 cup scoops. Roll gently into balls about 2 inches in diameter and place on cookie sheet about them about 3 inches apart.
8. Using a fork, gently press each dough ball to about a 1 inch thickness.
9. Bake 12 minutes and then rotate the cookie sheet, continue to bake until cookies are medium brown and edges have begun to set (middle will still be unset ... do not over bake.
10. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
My advice is to make two batches because the first one will be gone before the cookies cool!
NOTE: You can substitute toasted walnut pieces instead of pecans