Turn to these yummy no-cook meals! These easy recipes will satisfy and require only a little chopping, stirring, or mixing. Here's 22 easy no cook recipes
1st no cook recipe is Glass Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
- 1 3 3/4ounce package bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 2 cups frozen sweet soybeans (edamame), thawed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut up or sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
1. In a large glass bowl combine bean threads and thawed edamame; pour enough boiling water over to cover completely. Cover and let stand 15 to 20 minutes or until edamame is tender. Drain well; rinse with cold water and drain again. Snip noodles five or six times. Return noodles and edamame to the bowl. Add broccoli, sweet pepper, and shallot to the noodles; toss together.
2. For dressing, place peanut butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100% power (high) about 40 seconds or until melted. Whisk in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Pour dressing over noodle mixture; toss to combine.
3. Divide among four serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle with peanuts. If desired, squeeze lime wedges over all.
Recipe Source: Diabetic Living Online