Don’t be fooled by the elegant photo. This diabetes-friendly ice cream cake takes just a few easy steps. The secret to this decadent cake: sugar-free cake mix and no-sugar-added ice cream.
Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 16 - ounce box sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 10 - ounce jar lemon curd
- 4 cups no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup assorted fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray; line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the next five ingredients (through lemon zest). Beat with a mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread lemon curd over top of cake; spoon ice cream over lemon curd, smoothing top. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer, let stand 5 minutes before removing sides of pan. Top with berries.
Makes 20 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice each
Carb Grams Per Serving: 30
View All The Desserts You Didn’t Know You Could Eat with Diabetest at Diabetic Living Online