Easy to make cookies with a nice soft texture. You will want to make double batches because they won't last.
DON'T be tempted to use more flour. The batter is very soft, which is why you need to refrigerate it before scooping onto the cookie sheet.
1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Mix Splenda and softened, until smooth and without lumps.
2. Add egg and mix.
3. Add peanut butter and mix.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
5. Cover and refrigerate until the batter is firm (1 to 2 hours)
6. Heat oven to 370 degrees.
7. Scoop out small balls ... about 1 1/2 inches in diameter
8. Using a fork, gently press each dough ball.
9. Bake 10 minutes or until light golden brown ... do not over bake.
10. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
My advice is to make two batches because the first one will be gone before the cookies cool!
NOTE: It is important to use the Splenda BLENDS not the Splenda Granulated Sugar. White Sugar Blend. Splenda's White Sugar Blend has been especially designed for baking. It provides functional properties for your baked goods - such as browning, volume, texture and moistness.