Sunday, December 18, 2016
Friday, December 16, 2016
Impress your guests this holiday season with this collection of International Diabetic-Friendly Holiday Recipes from Diabetic Connect
Chocolate Yule Log
Chicken Waldorf Salad from Argentina
Jerk Chicken from Jamaica
Apricot and Sherry Glazed Ham from United Kingdom and Ireland
Dutch Oven Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Mexico
Find out how to make these recipes here
Monday, December 12, 2016
Don’t be fooled by the elegant photo. This diabetes-friendly ice cream cake takes just a few easy steps. The secret to this decadent cake: sugar-free cake mix and no-sugar-added ice cream.
Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 16 - ounce box sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 10 - ounce jar lemon curd
- 4 cups no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup assorted fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray; line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the next five ingredients (through lemon zest). Beat with a mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread lemon curd over top of cake; spoon ice cream over lemon curd, smoothing top. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer, let stand 5 minutes before removing sides of pan. Top with berries.
Makes 20 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice each
Carb Grams Per Serving: 30
View All The Desserts You Didn’t Know You Could Eat with Diabetest at Diabetic Living Online